1) Members of Dr. Ravishankar's lab visited Yuma, AZ on December 20, 2019 to tour lettuce fields and a processing plant.
2) Dr. Ravishankar gave a tour of her labs and discussed the various food safety projects ongoing in her lab to numerous visitors during the Open House of the ACBS Building on November 1, 2019.
3) Dr. Ravishankar, as chair of the UA Food Safety Consortium with the Food Safety Consortium team and her staff, planned and organized the 2019 Food Safety Conference (https://cals.arizona.edu/fsc/content/2019-food-safety-conference), requested and raised sponsorships from various CALS units, produce and food industry, obtained food product donations from local food industry, invited speakers from various sectors, hosted a poster session and competition for students, and hosted a dinner for the Food Safety Consortium Advisory Committee members and key food industry personnel.
1) USDA-APHIS and UA-Yuma, USDA-Ag Discovery Camp Students Tour
Members from Dr. Ravishankar’s lab demonstrated the food safety aspects of various projects to a group of 30 high school students and their mentors from various regions throughout the state of Arizona as a part of the USDA-Ag Discovery Camp on June 25, 2019. This event was organized by the USDA-APHIS and UA-Yuma Campus, mainly focused on agriculture related research and helping students understand the importance of agriculture and safe food production in our lives.
2) UA-Food Safety Program, SaferFoodCats High School Students Tour
Dr. Ravishankar's team members demonstrated the ongoing food safety work in her lab to a group of around 15 high school students from local schools and their mentors when they toured Dr. Ravishankar's la as a part of the SaferFoodCats High School Students Visit on June 12, 2019. This event was focused on helping students understand the importance of food safety.
1) UA-Tech Launch Arizona, Sixth Annual I-squared Awards Night, April 2, 2019.
2) Cactus-IFT, Cactus-IFT Supplier's Night - UA Food Safety Booth
Food safety team members from Dr. Ravishankar’s lab exhibited the different antimicrobials and projects in the lab to around 15 food science professionals at the Cactus-IFT Suppliers' Night Food Safety Booth held in Phoenix on the 9th of April, 2019. This event was organized by the Cactus Institute of Food Technologists section, with a goal to represents all areas of the food industry and to promote all aspects of food technology.
3) Southern Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Foundation (SARSEF), UA-Food Safety Booth at the SARSEF Future Innovator's Night
Dr. Ravishankar and her team hosted the University of Arizona- Food Safety Booth at the SARSEF - Future Innovator's Night on March 8, 2019 held in the Tucson Convention Center, in which they explained the importance of food safety and microbiology, prevention of cross-contamination and use of natural sanitizers for washing fresh produce to thousands of children and their parents visiting the SARSEF posters and exhibits.